Monday 23rd March Onwards
The school will be closed to most students.
Please see Dr Tranter’s letter and Mr Miller’s letter for more details.
We will continue to update our website with current advice and any significant updates will be communicated by text and email. Or please download our app (Weduc) for regular updates.
Welcome from the Chief Executive and Executive Headteacher
Welcome to Edmonton Academy Trust. Our Trust comprises Edmonton County Secondary School (Bury and Cambridge Campuses), Lea Valley Academy and Edmonton County Primary School.
In 2018 we were granted permission by the Secretary of State for Education to open a Free Special School. The new school will be called Salmon’s Brook School and we anticipate opening the school in September 2021.
Our Academies provide an education for children aged 3-18 in North London. We have been educating young people in this part of London since 1919 and throughout that time our approach has been epitomised by high standards and academic excellence, a tradition that continues today.
Our values of aspiration and achievement, personal responsibility, self-discipline and mutual respect are evident in all our work and result in young people who develop and grow as independent, resourceful and resilient individuals.
Our commitment is that, working in partnership with you, we can ensure your child gets the best possible start in life. All children and young people who attend our schools have the opportunity to gain academic qualifications to equip them well for the next stage of their life, but we provide so much more than that. Our vision is that by the time young people leave us they will have experienced a whole range of opportunities that not only build their mind but also build their character. As a result, they are fully prepared to be successful in their adult lives as workers, as parents and as partners.
Dr Susan Tranter
Edmonton Academy Trust is a registered company. It is subject to company law and has Members and Trustees.
More from the Trust
Our Values and Ethos
Edmonton County School has a well qualified and enthusiastic staff committed to providing the highest quality education for all students. Our school is a well-ordered and purposeful environment. All students have the right to be happy and be successful. Our principles are founded on openness, honesty, trust and mutual respect. Good manners and high standards of behaviour are expected from all members of the school community.
“The goal of everyone is to ensure that your child does better than they think they could.”
- We aim to ensure our students:
- Enjoy school and thrive in a rich learning environment;
- Succeed and achieve their full potential academically, socially, physically and personally;
- Learn to make choices as mature citizens in a global society;
- Value education as a constant aspect of their lives, enjoying economic well-being;
- Make a positive contribution to school and the community as well-mannered representatives of ECS.
We will achieve these aims by:
- Providing a high standard of teaching with regular assessment of progress;
- Providing a personalised experience where each student learns within a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum;
- Requiring all students to behave, dress and work according to the high standards expected;
- Providing a consistent disciplined environment where each person willingly complies with the high expectations, enjoys a sense of worth and is known, valued and respected as an individual;
- Ensuring that each student has equal access and every opportunity to make the best use of that education;
- Providing an education that will contribute to the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of our students.