Work with us
Edmonton County School is always keen to recruit talented people. All of our vacancies are advertised on this website and some, including all Leadership Team posts are advertised in the national educational press.
All teaching staff are paid according to national scales. In addition, teachers enjoy the following benefits:
- Recognition of previous service
- Outer London weighting in the form of an additional salary payment
- Five days CPD per year
- Robust performance management systems that ensure you receive the right level of challenge to help you to succeed
- NQTs have a paid induction programme in July. Other teaching staff have a personalised induction programme.
For experienced professionals:
Choose to work in an environment that properly showcases your talent and rewards your contribution:
- Challenging work in a very large school with a reputation for innovation and creativity.
- Our recruiting standards are high – expect to work with some great people.
- Located in North London- all the benefits of working near to the capital city – but a bit more affordable.
- A school-wide commitment to development and training for everyone.
In a leadership role, you’ll work with your team and be supported by a member of the Leadership Team and make your own contribution to our reputation.
We have a record of supporting staff to obtain higher degrees and we seek to develop practice in teaching, learning, leadership and management.
Newly Qualified Teachers, SchoolDirect and TeachFirst:
- Our commitment to your development is absolute.
- Your assigned mentor will set aside time for your training in your first two years;
- You will have an additional 10% non-contact time for cpd in your NQT year;
- There is a generic programme but this will be customised to you. You will have your own individual training plan, tailored to your specific needs and objectives.
- In-class training will form the basis of your development. You will also enjoy specifically tailored in-house seminars covering the school’s operation and developing your skills. Add to this an array of external courses, and you will gain all of the skills you need to succeed.
We offer a great environment for people to contribute to the growing success of our school through a variety of support roles. These range from senior business roles (in finance), administrative roles (receptionist, personal administrators), teaching assistants (supporting students with special educational needs), site management and construction, to name but a few.
Our salary scale is based on the LBE support staff gradings but personalised to our context.
Vacancies are advertised on this page and sometimes in the local press.
Whatever the role, our aim is to bring out the best from the best. The school is packed with talented and motivated people, creating a vibrant and successful team with excellent inter-personal and communications skills. We are always interested in hearing from experienced and bright individuals. If you are looking for such an opportunity let us know and we can keep you in mind when vacancies arise.
All staff are required to verify their identity and any qualifications they claim to have. In addition, all staff must complete DBS check, a health declaration and agree to sign to comply with our Code of Conduct for all employees.