EdAct comprises of Edmonton County Secondary School, Lea Valley Academy, Salmon’s Brook School (Special), the EdAcT Children’s Centre and Edmonton County Primary School and therefore it’s role role is to educate every child whose parents wish to enrol their child at EdAcT, regardless of gender, orientation, disability, race, religion or belief. We believe that every teacher is a teacher of every young person, including those with SEND and are therefore your child’s most important educational resource in their drive to be successful learners. We are passionate about including students with SEND in all aspects of school life.
We would like our pupils with SEND to achieve better than they ever thought they could. We will support them to do this by:
- identifying and providing for pupils who have special educational needs and additional needs
- working within the guidance provided in the SEND Code of Practice (2014)
- operating a ‘whole pupil,’ ‘whole school’ approach to the management and provision of support for special educational needs.
- providing support and advice for all staff working with special educational needs pupils
- develop and maintain partnership and high levels of engagement with parents
- ensuring access to the curriculum for all pupils.
Our school has recently undertaken a review of this policy to meet the new requirements for SEND in line with the new SEND Code of practice effective from 1 September 2014.
For further information, please refer to contact details at the start of the policy: