Key Stage 5 Co-Ordinator:
MS G Osman
At ECS the Turkish students who are all native speakers are encouraged to:
- develop an interest in, and an enthusiasm for language learning at a high level and use the language in a variety of contexts and genres and develop their communication skills confidently, clearly and effectively in the language for a range of purposes;
- develop awareness and understanding of the contemporary society, cultural background and heritage of countries or communities where the language is spoken;
- consider their study of the language in a broader context
- we aim to provide a coherent, satisfying and worthwhile course of study for students who do not progress to further study in the subject
- and, in addition, at A Level to provide a sufficient basis for the further study of languages at degree level or equivalent.