Our aim for Music at Edmonton County School is for students to be able to explore and develop as musicians in a positive, encouraging environment.
Head of Department:
Our Vision for Music at ECS:
- Students to explore music equally through practical and theoretical approaches
- Creative freedom, tailored to students’ interests and strengths
- To offer opportunities for collaboration as well as confidence in solo endeavours
- To prepare students for careers as professional musicians and/or to pursue music for enjoyment
- To encourage discovery and appreciation of a diversity of musical traditions
- All students to have access to instrumental tutoring
- To develop a sense of respect and community through the study of music
The Music department at Edmonton County School is well-equipped across both campuses and offers KS3 and KS4 Music. We have 3 rehearsal rooms on each site, two large teaching rooms, pianos, keyboards, drum kits, acoustic guitars, electric guitars, bass guitars, djembes, ukuleles, glockenspiels, recorders and many more instruments for the students to benefit from. We also have Apple MacBooks available with composition software for the students to use and recording space and equipment.
Throughout the week, our instrumental tutors offer instrumental lessons on a wide range of instruments. These lessons are funded by the school for GCSE students and letters for all other students can be obtained from Miss Marshall or Miss Harper. All students are welcome and are highly encouraged to take part in our instrumental scheme.
Students also have the opportunity to take part in a variety of extra-curricular clubs. At present, we offer the following extra-curricular activities:
(singing and acting with excellent performance opportunities)
Cambridge Site with Ms Penrose Britton and Pineapple Arts coordinator
Choir with Miss Harper
Cambridge Site Music Room C020
Keyboard and Music clubs Bury and Cambridge
GCSE coursework sessions
Throughout the year, we offer multiple trips and opportunities for our students, allowing them to experience many different musical styles. We encourage all students to get involved with the Music department, whether it be through clubs, lessons or GCSE and enjoy the benefits of studying Music!